Tuesday, March 3, 2009

鐵路上母情 A Mom Sitting on the Rail, Chennai Express India Jun 2006


She was sitting on the rail under the sunshine in the afternoon. I used to sitting on the rail in my childhood as well. I liked the shiny silky warm steel rail though it's not wide enough for comfortable sitting. My express train was just passing by her with big noise & vibration of diesel engine but she was just sitting in there not disturbed without any movement. Pressure of her life might be far heavier than the regular noise or she might be too much absorbed by reading a letter from one of her children working in big city far from home village.

Now I see her round back with bright scarf with sunshine and the scene makes me feel so warm and happy. Hopefully she is quite ok.. :-)

10 comments:

  1. such a wonderful story, Peter... somehow it broke my heart to see her like this. and you found the right words for her, simple and true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you felt exactly same thing with myself.. it's marvelous to have you in the opposite side of the globe feeling the same thing over the scene. Really appreciate your comment like poetry, Roxana..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Roxana: the right words and the right image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you David. I really hoped that she was all right.. Actually she minded me of my mother who passed away long time ago..

    ReplyDelete
  5. o,from the back she looks lonely.If change to black and white.The LONELY will turn out very strongly.hehe...really good photo :) hehe ...I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi 燕, welcome! I think everybody's back looks bit lonely. And let me try b&w version as you advised. I'm happy you like the picture. 再見~

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) i would like to ask you a question. Do you know mandarin?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do know the meaning of the Chinese Character which is now quite different set than in Madarine after Cultural Revolution. But I don't speak any Mandarine but simple ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe...but that's really great already :) hehe .. as sometime it is suitable for your title.is quite matching...hehe..tht's why i ask you ...do you know about chinese or speaking :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Swallow~ That naming with Chinese might be the maximum I can do with my shallow knowledge over the set of characters. :)

    ReplyDelete